Announcements < Back to Announcements list
November 29, 2008
Announcements from NAFA Board of Directors Meeting
November 29th, 2008 – Montreal, Quebec
- 2008 NAFA Champions, Regional Champions announced
- New NAFA Pin designs:
- 2009 Junior Handler pins
- 40,000 - 90,000 title pins to be produced and sent out retroactively
- NAFA rules prohibit dogs from being substituted after false starts. They may only be substituted between heats.
- REMINDER! How do clubs qualify for regional placements? Teams must enter four in-region tournaments in that class, but not all four tournaments must qualify for regional points.
Example: a club can enter multibreed at four in-region tournaments and be regional champion even though not all four tournaments had four teams entered. At least one tournament must have four teams competing in that class for regional points to accrue.
- Judges approvals:
- Toby Emo from Nunda, NY from Provisional to Approved
- Scott Chamberlain from York, PA from Approved to Supervising
- Regional Director approvals:
- Elizabeth Currin, Region 5
- New Region created:
- Region 22, Newfoundland, Sam Ford as acting Regional Director
Addendum - November 30th, 2008
- At the AGM, the following Board positions were elected for the upcoming year:
- Kris Pickering
- Nancy Garcia
- Greg Stopay
- Also, the regional MVPs and the Clyde Moore Memorial Hall of Fame inductees were elected.
- The executive board was elected as follows:
- Lee Heighton as Chairman
- Scott Stein as Vice Chairman
- Dana Nichols as Secretary
- Nancy Garcia as Treasurer